On-page SEO techniques are an important part of SEO, which plays an important role in our website, achieving a higher SERP (Search Engine Result Page) ranking.
To get a higher ranking of a website, we have to keep in mind all the three processes of SEO, whether it is related to on-page SEO techniques, off-page SEO, or technical SEO.
If we do not process one of these three or get it wrongly, it reduces our website’s chances of getting a higher ranking on SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
In this blog, we will get some information related to on-page SEO, which will have to be kept in mind when we publish a blog or article on our website.
- What is on-page SEO?
- What are the on-page SEO techniques?
- Is on-page SEO more important than off-page SEO?
What is On-Page SEO and Why it’s so Important?
Many beginners know what is on-page SEO, but do not know what exactly on-page SEO is? The process of optimizing the content of a webpage for the search engine is called on-page SEO.
Why is on-page SEO So Important?
On-page SEO techniques are important because the search engine can easily understand the content on our web page.
As we learned in the introductory paragraph of this blog that on-page SEO is a part of SEO. But we do not know why?
Look at the diagram below to find out how on-page SEO intercepts with technical SEO and Off-page SEO.
What is On-Page SEO?
Now we will know the on-page SEO techniques and how they help our website get a higher ranking in the search engine.
Here are Some On-Page Techniques
- Optimize Meta Tags (Page Title and Meta Description).
- The headline, subheadline, and Content format.
- Images Optimization.
- URL Structure.
- Internal and External linking
Now we will describe all five On-Page search engine optimization Techniques given above.
1. Optimize Meta Tags (Page Title and Meta Description).
These are the most important technique of on-page search engine optimization. When the search engine reads our web page’s content, it checks the page title and description of our webpage.
The search engine does this because it is important to understand what the content on your webpage is about so that the search engine can index the position of your page ranking.
- Our page title should be 50-60 characters.
- The focus keyword of the page title should be in the beginning part.
- The name of the webpage does not require an addition to the page title.
- Our page title should be 150-160 characters.
- Add focus keyword in the description.
2. Headline, Sub-headline, and Content Formate.
There is a need to describe the content of a webpage is properly formatted. Such as H1, H2, H3 tags.
Short information about H1 Tags.
As we know, giving an H1 tag for a particular page is compulsory. If we use WordPress, then by default, it takes the H1 tag. If we update the content on our website through coding, then we have to create the H1 tag ourselves.
3. Images Optimization.
We use images to make our website interesting and easier to understand. But when we use multiple images on our website, due to this, the load time of our page increases.
- We should use original images on our website. If we use an existing image, we need to give a reference to it.
- The size of all images, according to the search engine, should be less than 100kb.
- Alt tag of particular images must be there.
- Images used must have a filename mention.
- If we use a lot of images on a single page, we should use the CDN service.
- CDN service helps reduce the load time of our page.
4. URL Structure.
We should mention the keyword in the slug of the URL structure to target your focus keyword properly. As shown in the image below. We also know it by the name of an SEO-friendly URL.
5. Internal and External linking
Some Important Facts for Internal Linking.
- Keywords should not be used for internal linking.
- If our page’s content is useful to the user, then we should do internal linking.
- More than 10, there should be no internal linking on one page.
Some Important Facts for External Linking.
- Do External Linking on your website only when it is valuable to users.
- Only give external linking of the website, which is trusted.
- External linking with the website whose content is unique and original.
- And make sure to use the “no follow” tag for external linking.
3. Is on-page more important than off-page?
Yes, on-page SEO is more important than off-page SEO. Let’s know-how?
As we learned about the on-page SEO techniques given above, we would have come to know that when we update the content on a website or webpage, we create first meta tags (Page title, meta description), etc., to be done first.
When all these activities are done, we promote our website or webpage, which comes in off-page activities.
Now you must have understood why On-Page is more important than Off-Page.